Tuesday, December 3, 2013

MBTA Extends Hours: Boston Alcoholics Go Nuts


Boston Globe - (Boston, MA) Starting next spring, the T will run all subway trains and the 15 most popular bus routes until 3 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Yes, the T is still cash-strapped, and the state budget remains tight, but Governor Deval Patrick has found about $20 million, along with pledges from corporate sponsors, to launch a one-year pilot program to begin in March or April.

Ring the bells! Sound the alarm! Alcoholics rejoice! 

About damn time this happened. I don't really care where Deval Patrick found $20 million dollars lying around, but thank Jesus he did.* Instead of a bunch of drunk, stumbling 20 somethings running a muck down State Street at 2 am, they'll be running a muck on the Orange Line tracks. I'm wicked pumped that I no longer have to call my mom to pick my blackout ass up from a ditch outside of the Black Rose. Now you'll most likely find me asleep at 3 a.m. with a half eaten street sausage at the last stop at Forest Hills being woken up by a bum asking to eat the rest of my sausage. But alas, it sure beats trying to do my best Paul Walker impression doing 90 on Route 1, swerving off the Tobin into the Mystic.

Was that 2Fast2Soon?


*Where the fuck did Deval Patrick find $20 million dollars? I have got to know.

1 comment:

  1. You're lucky if that bum has the decency to wake you up before finishing your sausage... And by sausage I mean penis...

    ReplyDelete