Thursday, May 8, 2014

RIP Tony the Tiger



Huffington Post -

Lee Marshall, one of the men behind the low-timbered voice of Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes mascot Tony the Tiger, has died at age 64.

Marshall, who first voiced the character’s signature catchphrase “They’re grrrrrreat!” in 1999, died April 26 at Santa Monica Hospital in California, according to the Los Angeles Times. The voice actor's son told the outlet that the cause of death was esophageal cancer.

Goodnight sweet prince.

I'll always remember Tony as the pedophilic tiger that no one really wanted to hang out with, but was sort of there anyways. He loved to encourage kids to suck down massive quantities of cereal and then play sports. 

Eating a big bowl of Frosted Flakes and playing sports immediately after always seemed like a horrible idea. Milk and sugar swirling around a 7 year old's stomach while swinging on monkey bars is begging for vomit.

I think I would've liked Tony more if he wore pants and wasn't so happy all the time.

TOP FIVE CEREAL MASCOTS:

5.) Snap, Crackle, and Pop (Rice Krispies)
These guys were around since the 1930's, and became the model for every boy band (I made the second part up). 

4.) Toucan Sam (Froot Loops)
I like toucans. Cool ass birds with cool colors.

3.) Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes)


Like I said, he probably made a lot of little kids vomit by encouraging exercise after heavy consumption of his product. Won't win top spot by doing that.

2.) Lucky the Leprechaun (Lucky Charms)


"La-ta-ta-te-te I'm Lucky the Leprechaun and I love me Lucky Charms." Lucky loves his Guinesses and potatoes, and for that I award him spot number 2.

1.) Sugar Bear (Golden Crisp)


Being stoned with a turtleneck and a sick name like Sugar Bear will get you top spot in any competition. Sugar Bear definitely is a pimp in his spare time. 

"AYO BITCH, Sugar Bear need his paper or he gonna cut yo ass"

No comments:

Post a Comment