Thursday, May 22, 2014

Levi's CEO Says You Should Never Wash Your Jeans



Mashable - Great day for laundry haters; bad day for germophobes.

The CEO of Levi Strauss & Co., Chip Bergh, discussed fashion and sustainability at Fortune's Brainstorm Green conference on Tuesday, claiming that jeans do not need to be washed; the pair he donned during the conference, he said, had "yet to see a washing machine" in the past year.

And who are we to doubt the messiah of boot cut? After all, Tuesday marks the 141st birthday of Levi's 501 jeans.

"We are the ultimate in sustainable apparel," Bergh said. "If you buy [our jeans] they will last a lot longer than most people's waistlines will."


Yeah, I'm kinda grossed out. I definitely wash jeans and will continue to do so. Nothing worse than smelly/itchy two week old jeans. I mean obviously it's gonna fit like a glove, but I'm pretty sure every article of clothing has to be washed.

I'd put $20 on the CEO of Levi's dying from some sort of bacteria that he picked up on his year old dirty jeans. Just the thought alone of not washing my jeans makes me itchy.

I really hope the girl in the ad picture has some big boobs because that ass is flat out disappointing. #punny

No comments:

Post a Comment