Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New Power Rangers Movie Announced



DenOfGeek.us-
The Power Rangers are coming back to the movies. Lionsgate have announced that a new live-action Power Rangers feature film is on the way, which sounds like it will be the start of an entirely new franchise.

It's unclear at this point whether the new Power Rangers movie will exist in the same continuity as the numerous TV shows. In fact, some of the language Saban and Lionsgate use make this sound like a reboot of the original Power Rangers TV show, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. See for yourself:

"The new film franchise will re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a group of high school kids who are infused with unique and cool super powers but must harness and use those powers as a team if they have any hope of saving the world."



The five year old in me is flipping out right now. The Power Rangers were my shit. I used to spend no less than 8 hours a day watching the Rangers beat the piss out of the Putty guys and the evil bitch with the crazy voice. I forced my Mom to enroll me in Karate Class in order to learn some sweet fighting moves. A yellow belt and a month later, my Mom cancelled the enrollment because I was punching everyone that came over in the nuts and I punched a kid in preschool in the eye.

The Pink Ranger was my first true crush. Kimberly could do no wrong:




That being said, Goddamn the original Power Rangers were racist and sexist.

The Black ranger was....black. The Yellow Ranger was....Asian. The Pink Ranger was...a girl. And the leader was a white male. Pretty stereotypical if you ask me.


Cue the music!


No comments:

Post a Comment