Monday, March 24, 2014

Matt Moore Hit In Face With Xander Bogaerts Liner: Says Stupid Shit After



ESPN - FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Matt Moore walked off the field after being hit in the mouth by a line drive that he partially blocked with his glove in the fourth inning of the Tampa Bay Rays' 9-2 win over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday.

Moore got his glove up just in time to deflect a line shot by Boston's Xander Bogaerts, recovering to throw out Bogaerts for the final out of the inning. Moore lifted his jersey up to his lip, which was bleeding.

But that also ended Moore's outing as he was driven from the field, sitting up in a cart.

"Right now there's no dizziness, I understand, no headaches. That's a good thing," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Let's just wait until tomorrow and see what's concluded."

Moore will have X-rays on Monday to make sure there are no fractures in his jaw or broken roots for his teeth.

Moore said his jaw below his right ear is sore from the impact.

"I remember as soon as it hit me just looking for the ball, which I feel very fortunate that I didn't fall and cover my face. It kind of hit me right on the mouth, I think," he said.

"It happened really fast. It's not like I tracked it the whole way in and I saw it hit my mouth. It was like boom-boom. Boom, there's the ball, get it. Probably very fortunate this happened on a Sunday, the Lord's day and maybe not another day. I definitely feel fortunate to just have it hit my mouth and not anywhere potentially more dangerous."

Are you positive there's no brain damage going on here???

"Probably very fortunate this happened on a Sunday, the Lord's day and maybe not another day"

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You mean to tell me that because it was Sunday and God blew the ball two inches down on your face that you're fortunate? Matt Moore definitely still believes in divine creation and that dinosaurs aren't real. Sunday has no magical properties that prevent people from dying or getting hit in the temple with baseballs.

P.S. Is this the most grim google search of all time?


P.S.S. No one has done any research on people dying by day of the week, proving that Sunday is not special.

No comments:

Post a Comment