Tuesday, March 18, 2014

8 Things She Secretly Loves

I saw this article everywhere the other day and once again...couldn't resist the urge to punch this author in the face. 8 Things She Secretly Loves is the name of the article, and it is pretty self explanatory. Written by a guy, presumably for guys...Below are the 8 things this guy can get a clue about.

1.) Good Morning Texts



For over a year I have sent one of these to my girlfriend literally every single day without missing one. Small romantic acts aren’t just for the “honeymoon phase” of your relationship. Consistency is key.

First word that comes to mind...Bullshit. Over a year having the presence of mind to send a good morning babe text EVERY DAY? Even when you wake up at 11:30 hungover on a Sunday? For sure not.


2.) Play with her hair if you’re laying together on the couch or in bed.



Just do it. Trust me.

Fun for approx. twelve seconds, until you get uncomfortable and want a beer. Hair is dead cells. Nothing cool about it.

3.) Remember details.



When you remember small details about your conversations, whether it be her usual coffee order or when she’s going out for girls’ night, it will let her know that you really pay attention and hear her when she talks.

I can barely remember what I had for breakfast most days/what color my underwear is. How am I gonna remember how you take your coffee or where you're going on a Girl's Night? All I know is that when you're out on your girl's night, I'm gonna be out with my friends getting wasted or in my shorts watching sports.

4.) Watch her favorite TV show or movie with her.


This will show her that you are willing to share in what she enjoys even if it’s not your first choice. Plus, you might find something new that you like without expecting it. Win/win.

NOPE. Moving on...

5.) Put your hand on the small of her back when introducing her to someone.


This is something I read a long time ago and it stuck with me for some reason. This is a passive sign of affection and isn’t inappropriate in a public setting, but it bonds the two of you together and helps her feel more comfortable.

I can 100% agree with this. Might be the only one. Nothing says you're mine like a hand on the back.

6.) When you keep your promises.


If you want her trust, you need to deserve it. A woman will instantly start losing faith in you the second you start to break your word, even if it’s something small like if you’re going to call her after work.

I'm sure the saint who wrote this keeps 100% of his promises. "I promise I'll never look at another girls rack." "I promise I'll be home right after work." "I promise I won't spend any more money on golf." Are all common lies that every man should say at least once to keep the relationship going.

7.) When you’re honest with her.


Of course, honesty has to be delivered with tact and kindness. Nobody wants to be hurt, but they don’t want to be lied to either. If you’re always honest, she will know that you’re trustworthy and that you respect her enough to be straightforward with her.

See number 6...Listen, we all wanna be perfect. If you are human, chances are that you've told everyone you've ever known a lie. The trick is to never get caught. Never get caught should be the real title of number 7.

8.) When you’re funny.


If you want to keep a woman’s attention, manners are important. Good looks are a bonus, but having humor is a must. Don’t take my word for it, Stanford University says women genetically prefer funny men.

Every guy thinks that they are funny at all times. It's just science. You think we just say things to be cute or to be serious? Even in business meetings or on jury duty you wanna crack a small joke or throw out a one liner that separates you from the crowd. Unfunny people end up alone and suck in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment